What is Kanban?
Kanban is one of the cornerstones of Lean Manufacturing. Kanban
is a visual scheduling system that enables the process owner to
easily view production requirements of individual parts and machines.
Production personnel from the following process collects parts
from the previous process leaving a kanban card signifying the delivery
of a given quantity of a specific part.
When all the parts have been used, the same kanban card is sent
back, at which point it becomes an order for more.
Benefits of Kanban Systems
- Visual Production
- Improved Inventory Control
- Increased Inventory Turns
- Lower Inventory Dollars
- Improved Orderliness on the factory floor
- Reduce wasted time looking for material
- Bin Identification
- Pull system
- Real time scheduling
- Process Ownership
- The next process is the customer
- Reduce wasted floor space
- Supplier control
- No over production
What are the benefits of the Kanban Calculator Software?
Instantly processes raw data and provides the user with valuable
information, in both graphical and report form, to manage:
- Capacity Requirements
- Inventory Levels
- Manpower Requirements
- What if scenario’s (Kaizen / New business)
- Estimating Dollar Impact (Labor & Inventory)
- Kanban Quantities
- Constraint Areas
Who can use the Kanban Calculator software?
- Materials – Scheduling and inventory control.
- Production Schedulers – Capacity planning, Scheduling,
Adjusting Kanban Cards
- Production – Manning Requirements, managing overtime,
- Engineering – Rationalization of capital investments,
establishing Kaizen Activity goals
- Accounting – Estimating inventory dollar amounts, labor
- Sales & Marketing – Determining capacity for new